Diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound services.
Ultrasound imaging, or sonography is an exam that uses sound waves to create images. Ultrasound is safe and noninvasive, allowing the physician to diagnose the condition without the use of radiation, IV catheters or any type of surgery. All ultrasounds done at the Advanced Healing Institute are overseen and interpreted by Dr. Dehdari. Expertise in ultrasound can help reduce the need for additional tests such as CT scan or MRI exams, which can be much more costly and time consuming.
At the Advanced Healing Institute, we have unparalleled experience and knowledge in musculoskeletal ultrasound.
Musculoskeletal ultrasound is a subspecialty that can help detect various muscle, tendon and sports injuries. Some of the commonly diagnosed conditions include:
- Tendon Tear or Tendon Strains (Achilles Tendon injury, Rotator Cuff Tendon injury, Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow, Patellar Tendinitis)
- Ligament Tears or Ligament Sprains
- Muscle Injury
- Joint Effusions, Fluid Collections, Bursitis
- Soft Tissue Mass Lesions
- Ganglion Cysts
- Ultrasound Guided Injection Procedures
- Some of the Benefits of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Include
- Real time live exam that is dynamic and helps physician make an exact diagnosis
- Simple, very comfortable, non-invasive exam
- No ionizing (x-ray) radiation used
- No claustrophobia involved as with CT or MRI exams
- Very Affordable, Covered by Insurance
- Unparalleled Experience, Knowledge and Skill of a Musculoskeletal Radiologist
Please contact us with any further questions or to schedule an ultrasound.