AmnioFix is one the exciting new treatments we have in our clinic as part of our minimally invasive ultrasound guided treatments used for arthritis and sports medicine injuries. Amniotic tissue has been used to treat injuries since the early 1900’s in various fields such as eye surgery, oral surgery, orthopedic surgery and wound care. More than 100,000 Amniotic allografts have been used to date for various treatments.
Amniofix Sports Medicine
Amniofix is a brand of placental derived growth matrix that contains highly pure and highly concentrated amount of growth factors (226 different growth factors). Growth factors are powerful naturally occurring regulatory molecules that our bodies produce to signal cells to come to the injured site, help the site to heal, and help your own cells regenerate the damaged tissue.
AmnioFix has some of the most important growth factors needed for healing including:
- Transforming Growth Factor Beta (TGF-B) — Promotes normal soft tissue healing and reduced scar formation.
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF) — Promotes cellular proliferation and important for collagen matrix formation.
- Platelet Derived Growth Factor A & B (PDGF AA & BB) — Promotes cell proliferation in connective tissue and enhances soft tissue healing.
With ultrasound guidance the stem cell derived growth factors are directly injected into the sight of injury or arthritis. The injections cause a decrease in inflammation in tissue and also stimulate growth and recruitment of your own stem cells in the area. This is performed in an office based outpatient procedure with little to no downtime. It is a very good alternative for patients who are not interested in surgery or steroid injections.
Common Treated Conditions treated with Amniofix
- Osteoarthritis (hip, knee, shoulder, ankle)
- Tendinitis (especially chronic difficult to treat cases)
- Partial Tendon tears (Rotator cuff, Common flexor and Common extensor tendon, Achilles Tendon)
- Partial ACL Tears, Knee
- Partial MCL tears, Knee
- Meniscus Tears
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Ligament Sprains
- Additional sports injuries
Please also find attached Clinical Case Studies including cases on the shoulder, elbow and knee, as well as a research article in the prestigious PM&R Journal.
- AmnioFix Knee Patellar Tendon
- AmnioFix Knee – ACL Repair
- AmnioFix Elbow Common Extensor Tendon
- AmnioFix Research Article
- AmnioFix Shoulder Rotator Cuff
Source of Amniotic Tissue
Eligible amniotic tissue donors are lining mothers that have delivered a full term live birth by scheduled C -Section. All tissues are recovered under full informed consent of the donor. All tissue recovered meet stringent specifications during donor screening and laboratory testing to reduce risk of transmitting infectious disease. AmnioFix allografts are procured and processed in the United States according to standards and regulations established by the American Association of tissue Banks (AATB) and the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In addition, the proprietary PURION processing method utilizes terminal sterilization to further enhance patient safety.
Schedule a consultation and learn more about this exciting regenerative medicine treatment for arthritis, tendinitis and various other musculoskeletal conditions.